These are so delicious. These are so delicious. I will say it one more time in hopes you will make them and enjoy them as much as I have, THESE ARE SO DELICIOUS.
Chocolate and Peanut butter were a match made in heaven, the way the salty peanuts and chocolate marry each other to make magic is unreal. I can’t think of a candy I like more that Reese’s cups. Something about the pumpkin shaped Reese’s around this time of year, makes me want to live. So it was only fitting that these cookie bars came to be, they are simple to make. If you are feeling extra lazy, which is acceptable. Feel free to buy store bought cookie dough, the betty crocker peanut butter cookie dough has all the dry ingredients and you add the eggs and oil. Making the process easy, but still giving you the homemade taste!
For cookie bars:
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup peanut butter
¼ cup shortening
¼ cup butter or margarine, softened
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
(can use butter as shortening substitute, still taste great!)
One bag of dark chocolate chips
Any form of reese’s cups chopped into chunks
( Heat oven to 350)
- Mix peanut butter, eggs, sugar, and shortening until well combined. Add in dry ingredients and combine, refrigerate for at least an hour if possible
- Spread dough evenly into a 13×9 inch pan, that has been sprayed or is non stick
- Bake for 13-18 minutes, until edges are golden brown
- Take out and cool. Then begin melting the dark chocolate ( I just used a microwave safe bowl and mixed it every 30 seconds until melted)
- Spread the chocolate on top and then immediately but the reese’s chunks on top! They need to spend some time in the fridge so the chocolate can harden and they will be easier to cut!